Many people I talk to today haven’t heard of hydrogen water, which is a shame, because it has so many benefits. For starters, hydrogen is a powerful antioxidant. It’s also a really small molecule, which enables it to penetrate the blood brain barrier. Let’s learn how to make hydrogen water from home using Promolife’s new hydrogen generator.
What Is Hydrogen Water?
Hydrogen water is simply filtered water that has been saturated with hydrogen gas. Molecular hydrogen is a colorless, tasteless, and odorless gas that constitutes approximately 75% of all baryonic mass. It’s the most abundant substance in the universe, and the lightest element in the periodic table.
H2’s low-molecular weight allows for rapid intracelluar diffusion of the gas into tissues, and penetration of the blood brain barrier. This is why it’s useful for neurological conditions, such as Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s. Hydrogen is both a therapeutic and preventative antioxidant that can improve neurological function, while preventing impairments in the hippocampus brought on my stress.
Hydrogen is considered a selective antioxidant due to its ability to protect healthy cells, while decreasing levels of toxic free radicals, including the hydroxyl radical, the most cytotoxic reactive oxygen species (ROS). However, hydrogen does not react with beneficial ROS and the physiological roles they perform. Beneficial ROS act as signaling molecules to regulate apoptosis, and cell proliferation and differentiation.
ROS & Mitochondria
ROS, produced in the mitochondria of the cell, are notoriously hard to target. Mitochondria produce ATP, the primary energy currency of the body. Because of H2’s ability to get through the blood brain barrier and biomembranes, it’s able to penetrate into subcellular compartments, including the cytosol, mitochondria, and nucleus.
Studies have shown that hydrogen has a protective effect on the mitochondria, although the mechanisms through which it does this are unknown. Gene expression and protein phosphorylation are thought to be involved. Hydrogen is non-toxic, getting too much of it is highly unlikely because any excess is expelled through the lungs.
More About Oxidative Stress & Free Radicals
There are numerous benefits of drinking hydrogen water as you’ll see below. It’s recommended to drink between 1-3 liters daily to improve your oxidation level. Oxidative stress happens when the antioxidant defenses in the body become overwhelmed by reactive oxygen species (ROS), also known as free radicals.
This imbalance can be caused by environmental stressors, including heavy metals, UV ionizing radiation, pollution, zenobiotics, alcohol, and high-fat/high-sugar diets. ROS are also caused by cellular respiration, they are normal byproducts of oxygen metabolism.
Antioxidants are vital because they donate an electron to reactive oxygen species (which are lacking an electron, making them unstable) without harming themselves, thereby stabilizing free radicals, making them less reactive.
When oxidative stress continues unabated it can damage DNA, proteins, cells, and tissues. It is implicated in many disease states, including cardiovascular disease, metabolic syndrome, diabetes, neurological diseases, cancer, and aging.
Oxidative stress is also associated with chronic inflammation, which underlies all chronic conditions.
When the immune system is stimulated in response to injury or infection, immune molecules produce free radicals in an attempt to fight off pathogens. These same free radicals can damage normal cells, resulting in inflammation.
Benefits of Hydrogen Water
- Is a powerful, selective antioxidant
- Reduces oxidative stress
- Decreases the inflammatory response
- Increases athletic performance by lowering levels of lactate in the blood
- Improves muscle recovery
- Enhances the benefits of ozone therapy
- Penetrates the blood brain barrier
- Promotes homeostasis
- Increases energy and is anti-aging
- Results in less fatigue in patients receiving radiotherapy
- Exerts anti-apoptotic and anti-allergy effects
- Regulates hormone signaling pathways and autophagy
How To Make Hydrogen Water | Promolife’s Hydrogen Water Generator
|Produces between 2.5ppm to 3ppm of hydrogen rich water||Titanium coated PEM membrane|
|Holds 15 ounces of water||Two Cycles of 9 minutes or 15 minutes total|
|Rechargeable battery||Pressurized glass contains the hydrogen, increasing saturation in the water|
|Double walled glass reservoir||$199.00|
The generator is a water tumbler that produces up to 15 ounces of hydrogen-saturated water. One really significant benefit of the tumbler is that it is battery-operated. This portability makes it super handy to take to the gym, to work, or while you’re traveling. I’ve put mine in my purse many times to use when I’m on the go.
The tumbler is made of pressurized glass to assure the most saturation possible, the battery is rechargeable, and the PEM membrane is titanium coated. Two cycles of nine minutes (or a total of 15 minutes) are required to saturate the water with hydrogen. You’ll see what looks like little bubbles being produced when the generator is on. (Refer to picture above).
With Promolife’s hydrogen tumbler, you can make 15 ounces of H2 water right from the convenience of your own home. The generator is affordable, doesn’t take a lot of time to use, and the benefits of drinking antioxidant-rich water are incredible.
Get your daily dose of antioxidants, quell inflammation, and reduce oxidative stress, all while boosting athletic performance. and cognitive function. The only question left to ask is; “Why would you not want to drink hydrogen water every day?” It’s pretty much a no-brainer. Grab your tumbler HERE.
Have you heard of hydrogen water? Let me know in the comments:)
(1) Promolife: Promolife Hydrogen Water Generator
(2) US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health: Effects of drinking hydrogen-rich water on the quality of life of patients treated with radiotherapy for liver tumors
(3) Scientific Reports: Hydrogen-rich water reduces inflammatory responses and prevents apoptosis of peripheral blood cells in healthy adults: a randomized, double-blind, controlled trial
(4) National Library of Medicine,National Center for Biotechnology Information: What is oxidative stress?
(5) US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health: Oxidative Stress: Harms and Benefits for Human Health
(6) Medical News Today: How does oxidative stress affect the body?
(7) National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information: Hydrogen as a selective antioxidant: a review of clinical and experimental studies
(8) US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health: Molecular hydrogen: a therapeutic antioxidant and beyond
(9) Nature Medicine: Hydrogen acts as a therapeutic antioxidant by selectively reducing cytotoxic oxygen radicals
(10) Brain Disorders & Therapy: Molecular Hydrogen and its Potential Application in Therapy of Brain Disorders
Disclaimer: “I am not a medical doctor, and therefore, cannot diagnose or treat any medical condition, nor do I claim in any way to cure disease. Please be diligent and always do your own research in regard to any material I present on this site. I claim no responsibility for any distress, whether it be physical or emotional, that may occur as a result of the information you obtain from my blog.”